Your Cannabis Guide
Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa were introduced in the 18th century to describe different species of Cannabis. These were cultivated for its fiber and seeds. How to choose the right strain? Well it all depends on what effect you desire.
Indica -which originates from the Hindu Kush mountains of India was harvested for its seeds, fiber and hashish production. Indica has a relaxing sedating effect on the user, perfect for relaxing with a movie and popcorn. It grows shorter 3-4 ft and has stout, broad leaves and shorter flowering cycles.
Here is how you should expect to feel with Indica:
- calming, sedating, relaxing
- couch lock or body buzz
- best suited for night use
- stimulates appetite
- sweeter flavour
- muscle relaxant
The Sativa –has more energizing, invigorating uplifting cerebral effect which is great for creative projects, exercise and social events. Sativa is a taller plant with more narrow leaves and longer flowering cycle.Cannabis strains
- Best for day use
- relieves depression
- energetic and uplifting
- spacey, cerebral or hallucinogenic
- earthy flavor
- enhances focus, creativity and alertness
- helps fatigue
- mood disorders
Hybrid is a combination of the two thought to fall somewhere in between.
The Cannabis plant is composed of hundreds of chemical compounds. The primary compounds are THC and CBD and Terpenes.
THC – is responsible for munchies, make you feel high and relieve pains
CBD– is non intoxicating compound that helps with inflammation and pain.
Terpenes- are natural aromatic oils produced by the plant responsible for making the plant smell like berries, citrus, pine etc. and deliver unique therapeutic benefits. These may be found in flowers, oranges, pepper and other fruits and plants. Some terpenes that are Linalool, Myrcene, Pinene, Humulene, Caryophyllene, Limonene, Ocimene, Terpinolene.
Cannabis For Older Folks
More and more older folks are now interested in using Cannabis products. It was a taboo for a long time for many and with dispensaries emerging left, right and center, we believe older population needs to be properly educated about potential benefits and risks using Cannabis.
More regulated research must be done in the elderly, to understand how cannabis can be used in this vulnerable population without side effects, so let’s explore what cannabis can help with.
Potential medical benefits for the use of cannabis may include helping with:
- Nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy
- Muscle contractions or stifness associated with multiple sclerosis
- Chronic neuropathic pain
- Palliative and end-of-life pain
- Tourette Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Sleep Disorders
Things to watch out for folks:
As we age, our body and mind function including kidney function and digestive system function is reduced.
Some of these changes may affect how THC and CBD are processed and removed from the body.
- Changes to bones, muscles and sensory functions like vision, smelland hearing may increase the risk of falls and injuries when using THC
- Folks with a heart conditions may be at greater risk of cardiac event due to increased blood pressure
- Cannabis may affect your prescription drugs and medications
- May affect concentration, thinking and decision making
Choosing to use cannabis for recreational or medical purposes should be done in consultation with your health care provider.
Storing Marijuana: How To Keep Weed Fresh
When stored properly dried, keeping it in a sealed container away from heat, moisture, and sunlight it should stay fresh and potent for up to a year.
Weed doesn’t go bad the way milk does, but it can definitely be “off” and go moldy.
Unless you have underlying health conditions, bad weed likely will not lead to a serious health issue but bad weed may affect the following;
- inhaling moldy weed may contain bacteria or fungi that can cause health issues.
- aroma and potency
- texture and taste changes
- may lead to nausea, vomiting and coughing
- may feel spongy and crumbly
Best ways to store your flowers and keep them potent:
- Light, humidity and oxygen can mess with cannabis and affect its potential
- Humidity – best kept at 59-60 % humidity with a temperature of 25 Celsius to avoid your weed going to dry or too wet
- Storage, choose a tight glass container like a mason jar -they limit oxygen exposure unlike plastic bags and containers which affect the potency
- Keep it in the dark, cool, dry place– direct sunlight causes cannabis to break down and on the other hand keeping it in the freezer or fridge may break off the trichomes and loose its potency
Buying Marijuana: The Easy and Fast Way
Herb Labs is dedicated to providing the highest quality cannabis products. Our caring and knowledgeable staff is ready to help new and experienced users find exactly what they’re looking for.
Herb Labs is the best Online Dispensary that specializes in all kinds of Marijuana so that you can buy weed online easily from the comfort of your own home!
The Herb Labs is all about the holistic health and natural healing through medicinal cannabis and quality cannabis products. We are dedicated to provide you with carefully crafted and top-quality medical marijuana products through a wide selection of our Cannabis Strains, Edibles, Concentrates, Tinctures, CBD products, and more. We hold our suppliers to the highest level of standard when it comes to buying weed online so you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest quality marijuana.
All orders are provided with a tracking details when you order weed online, we also offer an excellent customer support system as well as shipping insurance that guarantees for your package to arrive to your destination. Our professional commerce system makes it fast and safe for you to add products in the cart to order weed.
Ordering Marijuana Online, Cannabis Concentrates, Edibles, and Tinctures has never been easier. After choosing the product, simply add your products in the cart and complete the check-out process!
We offer the lowest prices online when it comes to buying weed and our customer service platform is there for you anytime you need additional help! Herb Labs is your one stop shop for all quality cannabis.